State News

***BREAKING NEWS***

Feds Announce Delay in Monoclonal Antibody Team Deployment

      CONCORD, NH – Governor Chris Sununu announced that the Federal Government notified the State of New Hampshire that the monoclonal antibody teams that were supposed to arrive today (1/3) are being delayed. The Federal Government indicated they are working on deploying teams by next week, but due to overwhelming demand and need across the country, the deployment to New Hampshire would be delayed.  
      “While we were surprised by the delay in their arrival, we are appreciative of the federal government’s assistance,” said Governor Chris Sununu. “Since making our initial request a month ago, their assistance has become even more critical now as we manage the peak of the winter surge.”

NH to Receive 3 FEMA Monoclonal Antibody Teams in New Year

      CONCORD, NH – Governor Chris Sununu and DHHS Commissioner Lori Shibinette previously announced that New Hampshire had received confirmation from FEMA that the state was to receive three monoclonal antibody teams at the beginning of the new year. 
      On January 3, 2022, FEMA was to deploy three teams dedicated to administer monoclonal antibodies to three hospitals in New Hampshire: Elliot Hospital, Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital, and Concord Hospital.
      “We pushed FEMA and secured three monoclonal antibody teams that will help save lives,” said Governor Chris Sununu. “I would like to thank the Federal Government for listening to our calls and sending these resources as we continue to fight this winter surge.” 
      “Providing additional teams to expand capacity to administer these time-critical treatments will ease some of the burden on our already strained hospital staff,” DHHS Commissioner Lori Shibinette said. “We are grateful for the assistance to help our hospital system and save lives.”

Over 6,000 Granite Staters Sign Up for Booster Blitz Appointments

      CONCORD, NH – Today, after opening registration for Saturday, January 8’s Booster Blitz, 6,091 Granite Staters had registered for appointments as of 3:30 PM.
      Registration is now open at vaccines.nh.gov. Appointments can be made for up to 5 people at a time through one account. Over 7,000 appointments remain available at several of the sites for New Hampshire residents age 16 and older.
      “Our first Booster Blitz was wonderfully successful, and with over 6,000 Granite Staters signed-up for an appointment in just the first few hours of today’s registration, we are confident this next round will be just as successful,” said Governor Chris Sununu. “For those still looking to get their booster shot, this is yet another convenient and easy resource.”

 

Sites will be located at the following locations:

  • Ashland: Former liquor store, 46 Main Street

  • Berlin: White Mountain Community College, 2020 Riverside Drive

  • Claremont: Former liquor store, 367 Washington Street

  • Concord: Police Standards and Training, 17 Institute Drive

  • Exeter: Exeter High School, 1 Blue Hawk Drive

  • Keene: 62 Maple Avenue

  • Laconia: Lakes Region Community College, 379 Belmont Road

  • Manchester: Memorial High School, 1 Crusader Way

  • Milford: Milford High School, 100 West Street

  • Rochester: Spaulding Commons, 306 North Main Street

  • Salem: Salem Jr. High School (Woodbury School), 206 Main Street

  • Tamworth: Community Action Program Building, 448 White Mountain Highway

  • West Lebanon: Former JC Penney, 250 N. Plainfield Road, Unit 202

  • North Haverhill: Horse Meadow Senior Center, 91 Horse Meadow Road

Appointments at Booster Blitz locations are by appointment only. Walk-in appointments will not be taken. Individuals without an appointment are asked not to arrive at the Booster Blitz locations, so as to avoid delays.
      Only booster shots will be available at Booster Blitz locations; first and second-dose vaccinations will not be offered.
      In addition to the Booster Blitz locations, four walk-in fixed vaccination sites are open in Berlin, Ashland, Claremont, and Rochester. First, second, and booster doses are available at these sites. No appointments are necessary. More information can be found here. Please note that these sites will not be open to walk-ins on Saturday, January 8, the day of the Booster Blitz.
      Walk-in appointments for first, second, and booster doses are also available at mobile vaccine clinic locations. The van’s schedule for the next week is available here.

JANUARY 2022